Introduction to Bioenergy
- The Bioenergy and Food Security Approach of FAO | Presented by Erika Felix and Ana Kojakovic, FAO.
- Technologies for the Production of Biofuels | Presented by Carlos Cardona Alzate, Universad de Colombia Sede Manizales.
- Heat to Power Generation | Presented by Shamim Imani, Sr. Product Manager, GE.
- Solid Biomass for Power Generation | Presented by Rob Bailis, Professor, Yale University.
Opportunities and Risks
- Bioenergy: Risks and Opportunities | Presented by Irini Maltsoglou and Andrea Rossi, FAO.
Market Analysis and Sustainability
- Life-Cycle Analysis of Woody Biomass for Energy | Presented by Rob Bailis, Assocaite Professor, Yale University.
- The Bioenergy and Food Security Approach of FAO | Presented by Maltsoglou, Kojakovic, Felix and Rossi, FAO.
- Sustainability and Environmental Impacts | Presented by Ana Maria Rodriguez, Conservation International.
Life-Cycle Analysis-Biofuel Production and Greenhouse Emissions
- Proper Accounting of Bioenergy: The Need for Additional Carbon | Presented by Tim Searchinger, Princeton University.
- Bioenergy: World Bank Group Safeguards and Performance Standards | Presented by George Ledec, The World Bank.
- Ethanol and Biodiesel in Brazil | Presented by Luiz Horta Nogueira, Universidade Federal de Itajuba, Brazil.
- Steps toward Sustainable Bioenergy Development in Sierra Leone | Maltsoglou and Beall, FAO.
- Sierra Leone: Guidelines for Sustainable Bioenergy Investment | Presented by Elizabeth Beall, FAO.
- Wood-Based Biomass Energy in Sub-Saharan Africa: Issues and Approaches | Presented by Klas Sander, Natural Resource Economist, The World Bank.
- Cogen for Africa Project | Presented by Stephen Karekezi, Director, AFREPEN/FWD.
- Algae as Renewable Energy | Presented by Eemeli Hytönen, Sr. Scientist, VTT.